Monday, 8 March 2010

For the Ukulele's noobies

I was out with my family for dinner, when something caught my attention. It's an old fashion looking shop selling guitars, which have been there since I don't know when. Well, I've been wanting to get a cheap ukulele, and so I went to check it out, hoping that a guitar shop will sell some cheapo ukulele for the poor me. And guess what??? I bought a white painted ukulele for just $20! I know, it's so damn cheap, but I just want to try playing to see if I like it?

[ ukulele ]

See? How cool is that! I have a white ukulele! So, anyway I know nuts about ukulele and I got the shop owner to help me tune it. But when I got home, I realized it's out of tune, so I went to look for my new best friend, Mr google! Yep, he's my nbf. So I found this really good website to help tuning your ukulele.

Then, come the next step of owning a ukulele. For noobs like me, I found this really good video online to help me start playing something decent. It's the kookaburra! It's really good, 'cos he's slow enough for you to figure out where's your chords, and it's a video, so you can pause and re-watch it anytime! But, after playing kookaburra, I feel that it's really not enough. I mean, I don't buy an ukulele just to play one song? So, I asked my nbf again, and found this even better website for noobiesbeginners!

I was kind of frustrated at first, as my ukulele kept going out of tune. I was thinking am I that bad? Or it's just that my cheap ukulele sucks? But anyway, my nbf told me that it's kinda normal for new ukulele/strings to go out of tune, as it's trying to adapt being strung by a noob like me. Hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top