Wednesday, 27 January 2010

It's not just a simple haircut

Salons nowadays are getting more and more "scary". I went out, intending to just trim my hair and no more. And when I got home, I actually got my hair coloured, trimmed and did colour treatment!

The story is, I walked into Kimage requesting for a simple trim to my hair, and the hair stylist started to comment about my hair colour that's turning "yellow".. and that new year is coming, blah blah blah it's not going to be looking nice. So I took the bait and decided to colour my hair! And so the process goes on, I don't have to describe as I bet everyone will know how it's like doing hair colouring. At the point where I'm waiting for my colour to settle after the chemical is applied on my hair, the hair stylist came to me and talked about how dry your hair will be without treatment, and give a short lesson and different kind of treatments blah blah blah.. I was kind of bored so I listened on. Then she goes on recommending me their salon shampoo and hair mask if I didn't want the treatment, and goes on blah blah blah talking about the shampoo and how the mask will make my hair colour last longer, that your hair will be soft and silky. So, I took the treatment choice (She only gave me two choices), and rejected the shampoo and hair mask. When the treatment is done, she started to compliment how soft and silky my hair is after treatment blah blah blah. And when I'm all done after 2 hours which I'm not supposed to be spending that long in that salon, she asked again if I really didn't want the shampoo and hair mask! I didn't took the last bait and paid for my oh-so-not-supposed-to-be-spending-that-much hair.

The thing is, the services are good. I'm happy with the treatment, the trim is simple just a lil expensive for that price I feel, the colour is normal, but I felt like I'm a fish waiting to be caught on their bait the moment I stepped in. I spent about $150 over when I only intended to spend $38 for that simple trim and wash.

[ ms-tofu ], originally uploaded by lomomilo.

That hair stylist is a better sales person rather than a good hair stylist. How sad. The lesson learnt today? Never, ever go for a hair cut when you're broke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
back to top